Mergers & Acquisitions
Whether it is the purchase or disposal of companies or shareholdings - our advisery activities cover the entire range of possible transaction forms. With offices in Spain in Bilbao, Denia, Madrid, Palma de Majorca and Valencia, we advise on all phases of the transaction, from the letter of intent, the structuring and control of the transaction to due diligence and contract creation, to post-closing. Our clients include both international corporations and public companies, as well as medium-sized companies, also in the form of large family-run companies.
We ensure comprehensive M&A advice by drawing upon the experience of specialists from the areas of corporate, capital market, tax and employment, as well as cartel and unfair competition law. An individual interdisciplinary team compiled based on your requirements and, when requested an international team, work hand in hand, thus ensuring tailor-made solutions – even with cross-border transactions.
In 14 countries to date (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain and Turkey) we accompany private clients as well as national and international companies. The alliance's locations are: Bilbao, Bologna, Bratislava, Brussels, Budapest, Bucharest, Denia, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Gliwice, Graz, Hanover, Istanbul, Linz, Madrid, Munich, Osnabruck, Palma de Majorca, Paris, Pilsen, Prague, Shanghai, Sofia, Taicang, Valencia, Vienna, Warsaw, Wels, Wroclaw.
Focus areas of our activity
- Preparation and negotiation of prior agreements (e.g. letter of intent, non-disclosure and exclusivity agreements, term sheet, memorandum of understanding)
- Preparation, coordination and implementation of legal due diligence audits (seller and buyer side) and organisation of data rooms
- Structuring and management of transactions (asset deal, share deal) and establishment of acquisition vehicles
- Drafting and negotiation of the contracts and accompanying documents necessary for the transactions, preparation and negotiation of shareholder agreements and participation agreements
- Advice on the establishment of joint ventures
- Post-closing services including restructuring after acquisition/sale, corporate services, post-merger integration, notification and publication obligations
- Accompaniment in structured disposal processes (bidder proceedings)
- Advice on acquisition financing, negotiation of loan and security agreements
- Advising on capital market law matters for public companies
- M&A transactions in crisis situations and insolvency, restructuring
- Enforcement of warranty and damages claims arising from acquisition of companies and shareholdings
- Takeover law
- IPO (coordination with the Banking & Finance business department)
- Merger control
- Management buy-outs
- Advice on company successions